Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: Cover 3

                                                                            2700 West Anderson Lane #202
Austin, TX 78757
(512) 374-1121


Last night, since SXSW is in town and downtown is off limits unless you want to fight the crowd...we decided to stay on the north side of Austin for dinner. I had been to Cover 3 once before for appetizers, and thought it was worthy to try again. As a side bonus, P was swayed by the fact that they have March Madness on the many televisions inside. Ugh. Basketball.

The drinks: The bartender was not familiar with a sazerac, so P settled for a decent, but not awesome, martini. I had the Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio, which I've had before.

The dinner: I ordered the Allandale salad. Nice arrangement of chicken, avocado, bleu cheese, and candied walnuts over greens. Since I had been craving a salad for several days, it fit the bill. P ordered the sauteed Snapper with crab. The caper lemon sauce looked nice, but unfortunately the fish was not flaky and rather tough. In keeping with many restaurants lately, sides had to be ordered separately. At certain places, this is OK by me, but at a pseudo-sports bar? They should probably create plates with sides, in my opinion. That being said, the garlic-chive mashed potatoes were served in adequate portions and did not have an overly strong garlic flavor.

The verdict: Divided. I had a good meal, P had a slightly below average meal. Not sure if we will try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Think?