Saturday, September 3, 2011

Spiced Lamb Kebabs

Ah, weekends. Now that I am not a resident anymore and don't have to study all weekend, weekends are for wasting time on the internet, television watching, reading for fun, and lounging. Once it gets a bit cooler, we will add dog walking, park going, and other outdoor activities to the list. I also throw in house cleaning, but we won't talk about that. I love weekends. And then they end.

But for the weeknights....

These lamb kebabs are a quick weeknight meal. Pair it with couscous and vegetable skewers (onion, pepper, mushroom. squash) cooked under the broiler.

Spiced Lamb Kebabs, adapted from Cooking Light

1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into cubes
Salt and pepper

Combine yogurt, cumin, paprika, and garlic in a bowl. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Combine lamb and yogurt mixture in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour. Remove lamb, and discard marinade. Thread 3-4 lamb pieces onto wooden skewers. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Arrange skewers on pan; cook for 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining skewers.




1 comment:

  1. These are also a treat to eat and your recipe really sounds delightful. This is my first visit to your blog, so I 've taken some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think?