Recipes adapted from Cooking Light, June 2011
Chimichurri Fish Tacos
2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5 (6-ounce) halibut fillets (or cod)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until finely chopped. Slowly pour oil through food chute; process until smooth. Place fish in a shallow dish; rub mixture over fish. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Preheat grill to high heat or grill pan to medium-high.
Sprinkle fish with salt and black pepper. Place fish on a grill rack (or grill pan) coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill. Break fish into chunks. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1 avocado
- Preheat grill to high heat or grill pan to medium high.
- Combine oil and honey, stirring well. Brush oil mixture over pineapple. Place pineapple on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from grill; cool 5 minutes. Chop. Combine pineapple, onion, and next 6 ingredients (through serrano); toss gently.
- Peel, seed, and dice avocado. Add avocado to the pineapple and mix.
Serve on the side with tacos.