I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I really enjoyed reading all the Thankgiving (and pumpkin/squash) themed blog posts!
This recipe comes by way of Closet Cooking, a really great blog you should totally check out.
Snickerdoodles!, adapted from Closet Cooking
This classic cookie is a baker's must-have-recipe. They are super quick and easy, and so nice with a glass of milk (or almond milk!). Makes 2 dozen.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in the egg until combined. Add vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Form the dough into balls 1 inch across, roll them into a mixture of the sugar and cinnamon and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes.