Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snickerdoodles, and a long absence

I have been MIA from the blog since September! Oops. Just a lack of motivation I think, no other excuses. Life gets busy, and the blog gets shoved aside. But I will try to be better. I still READ all my bookmarked blogs....just haven't been bloggin' myself!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I really enjoyed reading all the Thankgiving (and pumpkin/squash) themed blog posts!

This recipe comes by way of Closet Cooking, a really great blog you should totally check out.
http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/12/snickerdoodles.html#more

Snickerdoodles!, adapted from Closet Cooking


This classic cookie is a baker's must-have-recipe. They are super quick and easy, and so nice with a glass of milk (or almond milk!). Makes 2 dozen.


  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in the egg until combined. Add vanilla extract, beat until combined.

  • Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Form the dough into balls 1 inch across, roll them into a mixture of the sugar and cinnamon and place them on a baking sheet.

  • Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I keep returning from hiatuses myself... end of year is always busy-busy! I love snickerdoodles, but I always remembered them having a cherry in the middle. Is this a variation or is my family just weird? Haha...

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think?