Monday, March 28, 2011

Muffin Redemption

So Sunday, feeling defeated from my Saturday muffin adventure...I decided to try a more tried and true source for baking....Southern Living. Lots of butter, precise recipes, southern baking...how can you go wrong? Well, you can't. Except in the fat department.

Nonetheless, I opted for the Peach-Pecan muffins in this issue.

First the pecan topping:


I liked the fact that this recipe used frozen peaches, it saved alot of time!


Per usual for Southern Living-
lots of butter (although this picture is decieving, this is butter, egg, AND milk):

The key to a great muffin-don't mix to much! The "well" in the center of the flour helps to minimize the mixing. Also, the batter on these muffins was super thick!

And the final product:


The verdict:
A seriously good muffin. I would add less peach next time, maybe 1/2 cup. Just because the bottoms of some of the muffins were very peachy. P commented "this is a muffin old ladies would like". Well, there you have it folks, I am an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Think?