Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vegan Noodles with Peanut Sauce


Happily, I received the cookbook I coveted, Peas and Thank You in the mail on Friday. I am excited to try new recipes from the book!

This is a recipe adapted from her blog. I liked it to much the first time, I made some small changes and made it a second time! I make it on Sunday, and bring it for lunches at work during the week. I have been trying to eat vegan or vegetarian at 2 of my daily meals, so this is an easy pack-able lunch.

Peanut Sauce:
1/2 c light coconut milk
1/2 c fire-roasted tomatoes in juice (i.e. Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes)
1/3 c natural peanut butter
3 T reduced sodium soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
2 t  minced ginger
1 t minced garlic
1 T maple syrup

Noodle Salad:
8 oz. rice noodles
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 c baby bok choy, chopped
2 c edamame, frozen or fresh (thawed)
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
1/4 c peanuts, chopped

For the sauce, combine coconut milk, tomatoes, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth. Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside. 


Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add bell peppers, bok choy and edamame and stir fry until crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes


Add sauce from blender to pan.


Add cooked noodles to pain, stir to coat. Top with chopped cilantro and peanuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Think?