Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cake Failure #2

This is getting ridiculous. Cake failure #2 comes in the form of Nigella's chocolate cake. I had seen this recipe on a couple other blogs where they had had success.

I did have two problems with the recipe before I even started.
1) No food processor
2) Not usually crazy about cakes with sour cream in them AND in the icing

Nonetheless, the picture looked enticing, so I thought I would give it a shot. Since the last cake failure I have purchased Baker's Joy in lieu of shortening. Gotta say, that stuff works!

Good things about this cake:
1) Looks lovely (which, as you know, is rare for me)
2) Frosting is yummy

Problems with this cake:
1) dry as the Sahara
2) weighs about 5 lbs and could be used as a weapon

This one will be thrown away. Le sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I had to laugh at this post because it it something I could have written. I just do not have good luck with baking. I recently named a photo album of a cake "Awful Cake," so that about sums that one up.
    Too bad this one went it the garbage...it definitely looked like it had potential!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think?