Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Seared Scallops with Lemon

I went to the grocery store hungry this week. Always a mistake. 2nd mistake? I went to Whole Foods. Sigh. I didn't do to badly though, only purchased 1 or 2 random things not on my list, which is pretty good for going to Whole Foods!

I went there specifically for fish. The HEB near the house has a so-so fish selection. I decided on scallops for P (I don't like them) and salmon for me. And then a kebab of swordfish caught my eye. So I decided on all three! Way to much seafood...but there you have it.

I don't like sea scallops, or well, any scallops. It's a texture thing. But there are so simple and quick to cook! A perfect weeknight dinner. This is a very bare-bones approach, nothing fancy, but lets the flavor of the scallop come through. I made 5 large sea scallops just for P, so serving size depends on how many scallops you want! If you are pairing with a fish, 2-3 would be enough, for a meal usually 4-5 per person. If you are adding scallops to the recipe, I would probably keep the amount of lemon the same, just add more scallops to the pan and oil as needed.

Seared Scallops with Lemon-serves 1
1 T olive oil
5 scallops
1/2 small lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse scallops, pat dry. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add scallops to pan, squeeze lemon over the top. Cook on each side about 1-2 minutes, until no longer translucent. Done!

Swordfish to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha Think?